Create your GCKey account to access the Digital Data Portal
Privacy notice regarding registration of Canadian Hydrographic Service Digital Charts®.
When you register your Canadian Hydrographic Service Digital Charts® in raster BSB or vector S-57 ENC format, you must provide your name, address, telephone number and email address so that CHS can grant you access to the specific digital charts that you have purchased for the term of your licence. All registrations are processed exclusively within the Government of Canada's secure server environment. The personal information collected, used and disclosed by the federal government is governed by the Privacy Act. For all questions, please contact The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
If you do not already have a GCKey account, select one of the options below to begin registration
To download your nautical charts or data, register your GCKey Account as a mariner/client
To sell Canadian Hydrographic Service Digital Charts®, register your GCKey Account as a Dealer
- Click the English or Français button to continue. This tutorial will use the English language.
- Choose the Continue to GCKey button on the bottom. Alternatively, you can select the Continue to Sign-In Partner button if you have an existing account through a partners’ website that you would like to synchronize with this service.
- Click Sign Up (circled below in red) to set one up. You will need this GCKey in order to log in and use the CHS Digital Data Portal.
- Read through the Terms and Conditions of Use and then click on I accept in order to proceed with the registration process.
- Create your username following the criteria described on this page. Important: there is no way to recover your username if you forget it. If you do not remember your username you will have to create a new account to access the CHS Digital Data Portal web application. Click on Continue after you have chosen a username.
- Create your password following the criteria described on this page. Click on Continue after you have created a secure password.
- Create your recovery questions, answers and hints. These questions will help you recover your password should you forget it. Click on Continue after you have finished.
- You have successfully created your GCKey. Please click on Continue in order to proceed to the next step of the account creation process.
Complete your Registration with Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Now that you have a GCKey you must complete the registration with Fisheries and Oceans Canada in order to access the CHS Digital Data Portal web application. Please click on selfregistration to continue (see red box below).
- Please read through the Terms & Conditions of Use and click on I accept to proceed.
- Please enter your basic details in order to create your DFO profile. Click on Next when you’re finished.
- Please enter your postal code if you have a Canadian address. This will help speed up the process by automatically populating your address. Click on Next when you have finished. Alternatively, click on Enter address manually if you would like to enter the address yourself or if you do not have a Canadian postal code.
- Please enter and verify your address information. Click on Next when you have finished.
- Please enter your telephone information and click on Next when you have finished.
- Review the information that you have provided to ensure that it is correct and accurate. Click on Save if there are no errors. If you need to make any adjustments, simply click on Back to return to the previous page(s).
- Please take note of your Profile Recovery number and create your recovery questions and answers. This information will help you recover your password should you forget it. Click on Save answers after you have finished.
CHS Digital Data Portal
Now that your account has been successfully created you have access to the CHS Digital Data Portal and can begin to register your existing products and/or browse for new ones. If you would like more information on how to use the web application, please visit the help page by clicking Help in the menu on the left.
- Date modified: