To be a world class authority and supplier of hydrospatial information.
The Canadian Hydrographic Service (CHS) supports government priorities and meets its obligationsFootnote * by providing up-to-date, authoritative and standardised hydrospatial information.
Values / quality policy
Aligned with the Public Service and Fisheries & Oceans Canada (DFO) Values of Respect for democracy, Respect for people, Integrity, Stewardship and Excellence.
CHS will maintain a Registered ISO 9001 Quality Management System to enable us to supply these services in an efficient, cost-effective, and responsible manner by ensuring we provide:
- Responsiveness to clients
- Consistent delivery of valued products and services
- Consistent analysis and decisions based on risk management
- Continuous improvement efforts through innovation and adoption of best practices
- Organizational commitment to having a rewarding and healthy workplace
The following objectives are measured by CHS Level of Services
- Timeliness release of critical quality information for safe navigation
- To be responsive to clients
- Healthy and rewarding workplace
- Date modified: