How to manually update your paper chart
Learn how to manually update your paper chart in five easy steps. You can also download a printable PDF version of this page.
1. Check the monthly index in Notices to Mariners to find out if your chart has been updated. The Notices to Mariners web site also provides PDF patches of chart updates that you can print and glue onto your paper chart.
2. Plot the latitude co-ordinate on the chart border using dividers. Mark this distance on the chart.
3. Plot the longitude co-ordinate on the chart border using dividers. Mark this distance on the chart.
4. Use Chart 1: Symbols, Abbreviations and Terms to help find the symbol of the required change. Add the symbol at the intersection of latitude and longitude.
5. Apply the notice date on your chart in the appropriate location.
- Date Modified: