Instructional charts and sample products
The Canadian Hydrographic Service offers two charts for instructional purposes. These charts represent a cross-section of content found on Canadian charts and are used by marine training programs as part of their course and examination materials.
These instructional charts contain "fictitious data" that has been included for training purposes and should not be used for navigation.
These two charts are:
- Chart 9996IC (54.6mb), Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons - Training Chart A/escadrilles canadiennes de plaisance - carte de formation (CPS-A).
- Chart 9997IC (23.7mb), Cape Hurd to/à Lonely Island.
Free downloadable sample chart files
In order to sample the different file formats available to purchase from CHS, the following free chart files can be downloaded. Chart 9995 also contains "fictitious data" that has been included for training purposes and should not be used for navigation.
- Chart 9995 in Raster Navigational Chart (RNC) BSBv3 format (951kb)
- Chart 9995 in S57ENC vector Electronic Navigational Chart format (537kb)
- Chart 9995 in PDF format (49.9mb)
- Chart 9995 in TIF format (37.5mb)
Download Teledyne CARIS Easy View or OpenCPN to sample the chart files on your computer. These applications are free viewers and may not work with all formats listed above. See the FAQ section for a list of additional navigation software.
Order instructional charts from a registered chart dealer
To order a paper copy of Chart 9996IC or 9997IC please contact a dealer near you. Chart 9995 is not available for purchase.
For further information please contact CHS at email@example.com.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: